How to insert data into database using asp.net with C# - ASP TANMOY

Latest

Monday 17 November 2014

How to insert data into database using asp.net with C#



Today I will discuss about how to insert data into database. Inserting data into database is useful for dynamic websites. Now a day everyone wants his website should be dynamic so it is very important now a days. To insert data to database we need database first. I am using SQL Server 2008. You can use SQL server, Oracle, DB2 etc or any other database to store your data. In this tutorial I just created a simple web application. I have not write code for data validation. In my previous application I have discuss how to validate data using JavaScript and in my next post I will discuss about data validation using JQuery. Now follow me to create a web application which will help you to insert data to data base.



Step1:

Open server explorer to your Visual studio and create a database. Now create a table. I considered that you know how to create a database and a table into a database. I named my table as ‘customer’.this table contains following columns



Customer_name
nvarchar(50)
customer_number
nvarchar(50)
customer_address
nvarchar(MAX)




Step2:
Open your solution explorer. Right click to your project and click to ‘Add new item..’ option. Now add a web page. Design this page as you want. I have design my page three field ‘Customer name, Contact Number and Address’. I have a taken a level which will a successful message.








Step3:
Now double click on ‘Add Customer button’ and write following code.



……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Data;
using System.Data.SqlClient;

public partial class index : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

    }
    protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        SqlConnection con=new SqlConnection("Your data base source");

        SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("insert into Customer values(@var1,@var2,@var3)", con);
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@var1", SqlDbType.NVarChar);
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@var2", SqlDbType.NVarChar);
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@var3", SqlDbType.NVarChar);

        cmd.Parameters["@var1"].Value=cname.Text;
        cmd.Parameters["@var2"].Value = cnumber.Text;
        cmd.Parameters["@var3"].Value = address.Text;

        con.Open();
        cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
        con.Close();
        message.Text = "Successful";
        cname.Text = "";
        cnumber.Text = "";
        address.Text = "";
    }
}





Step4:
Add some name space
using System.Data;
using System.Data.SqlClient;

Explanation:






See the above image. First set your connection string. I have mark 1 where you will add your connection string. Now edit your SQL query. I have mark 2 where you have to write your SQL Query. After setting your values you have to open your connection string. You have to close your connection also. When you will open your connection string then you have to wright code for execute your SQL Queries. I have execute my SQL Queries where I have marked 4. After closing your connection you can write a code to show your successful message. After insert your data your browser will clear your inserted data from your webpage and it will show successful message.



 





Now Run your project and enjoy.!!!! !!! !!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment